Scholarship Information & Links
Parent & Student Loans
Disclaimer: The Boulder Valley School District does not endorse organizations & individuals listed (other than BVSD programs). Individuals & organizations have not been screened in any way. The Boulder Valley School District assumes no responsibility for the actions or abilities of any groups or individuals listed herein.
Society of Mayflower Descendants in the State of Colorado (due 2/1/2020)
2 Awards of $1,620 each. For an applicant to be considered for a Mayflower Scholarship, the Application Form must include a valid GSMD membership number for either the applicant or for a parent, grandparent, or great grandparent of the applicant.
Daughters of the American Revolution-Elementary/Secondary Teacher Education (due 2/10/2020)
At least $1,000. Applicant must be a US citizen, resident of the State of Colorado, and attend an accredited college or university in the US, and major in an Elementary or Secondary School Teacher Education Program. Applicants must also obtain a letter of sponsorship from a DAR chapter, which Indian Peaks will be happy to provide.
Daughters of the American Revolution-Nursing Education (due 2/10/2020)
At least $1,000. Applicant must be a US citizen, resident of the State of Colorado, and attend an accredited college or university in the US, and have been accepted or is currently enrolled in a nursing school for an Associates or Bachelor’s nursing degree. Applicants must also obtain a letter of sponsorship from a DAR chapter, which Indian Peaks will be happy to provide.
Rotary - University Hills Denver (due 2/28/2020)
4 Year, $4000-$5500 per year, For Colorado resident in the 5450 Rotary District (Summit to plains, Longmont to Castle Rock) who is a US citizen attending collegiate institution in CO, and intending to major in Math, Science, or Engineering. Will be required to attend at least 4 Rotary Club meetings per year.
Elevations Credit Union Scholarships (due 3/1/2020)
$500-$5000. For current high school seniors in pursuit of higher education, based on academics, community engagement and financial need. They offer several scholarships with different criteria.
Volunteers for Outdoor Colorado Scholarship (due 3/16/2020)
4 Year, $5,000 per year. For Colorado resident attending an accredited Colorado college or university, or a 2-year community college. Applicant must have volunteered on at least 3 outdoor stewardship projects within their high school career with VOC or other Colorado stewardship organization. Applicant must be pursuing a degree program with an environmental, natural resource, or outdoor recreation emphasis.
Human Health Care Scholarship (due 3/20/2020, 4:00pm)
Amount varies, up to $4000. For high school seniors in BVSD, or students with ties to Boulder Community Health, attending an accredited Colorado college or university, and pursuing a career in a health care related field.
Mountain West Credit Union Brayman-Beach Scholarship (due 4/10/2020, 1:00pm)
$5,000. Applicants must be a US citizen, and a member of a Colorado credit union, and pursuing a degree in business (major or minor).
- www.fastweb.com Free scholarship search
- www.collegexpress.com Scholarship search & match site
- www.collegedata.com Net Price Calculator and scholarship search
- www.collegecountdown.com General college cost info and scholarship search
- www.cappex.com/scholarships Visual scholarship site for quick reference
- myscholly.com Site also helps with proofing essays for scholarships
- bigfuture.collegeboard.org Find scholarships, other financial aid and internships from more than 2,200 programs, totaling nearly $6 billion.
- www.wiredscholar.com Scholarship information tied to the Sallie Mae Corporation
- www.goingmerry.com Site used my many private college counselors
- www.collegenet.com/mach25 Database with over 600,000 awards totaling over $1.6 billion
- blog.prepscholar.com Guaranteed Scholarships Based on SAT/ACT Scores
- Blog post with Scholarship Essay Examples
- Blog post that identifies colleges with full-ride scholarships
Daniels Scholarship Program
The Daniels Scholarship Program provides a four-year annually-renewable college scholarship for graduating high school seniors who demonstrate exceptional character, leadership, and a commitment to serving their communities.